A part of me is already ready to put up the Christmas tree and start playing Christmas music! And I would but it is not even Thanksgiving yet, and I don’t think my husband will let me put it up earlier than I already do. This is usually the day after Thanksgiving! 😉 Honestly though, I can’t believe that it is already November! Wow, where has this year gone? It has flown by! I like Thanksgiving, I mean who doesn’t love turkey? But I’ve never been as excited about Thanksgiving like I am Christmas.
Our verse today is Psalm 50: 10-12 says, “For all the animals of the forest are mine, and I own the cattle on a thousand hills. I know every bird on the mountains, and all the animals of the field are mine. If I were hungry, I would not tell you, for all the world is mine and everything in it.”
A lot of my friends on Facebook have been listing things that they are thankful for everyday up until Thanksgiving. Which is a really neat idea and I like reading everyone’s posts. But like I said earlier, I’m not a huge thanksgiving celebrator so I haven’t done that myself. But as I’m reading over this chapter today, I reminded that what I do have in my life is because God gave it to me. There is nothing that I can give to Him that’s not already His. Verse 14 says, “Make thankfulness your sacrifice to God, and keep the vows you made to the Most High.” I don’t have to bring him sacrifices like the people in the Old Testament did, but I should be bringing Him a sacrifice of thankfulness.
So, I’m going to jump on the thankfulness bandwagon and post what I’m thankful for and at the end of each post this month, I will add a new one. =)
1) I’m thankful for my Husband Jacob. He is my best friend, supporter, encourager, and my love.
2) I’m thankful for my 2 great kids, Daniel and Bella. They keep me on my toes, make my life better, fuller, and bring me so much joy.
3) I’m thankful for my family. I have wonderful parents, sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins, and great in-laws.
4) I’m thankful for my friends. They are all amazing, talented and loyal. They are always there for me no matter what.
5) I’m thankful for my amazing church. I love that they lead with compassion, acceptance and truth. They love and accept everyone no matter who they are, what they do, or where they have been. They preach the truth that Jesus came and died on the cross for our sins, so that we can one day live eternally with Him. That Jesus can transform and change people lives.
6) I’m thankful for my job. I love teaching cake decorating classes and decorating cakes. I’m thankful for the gift of writing, and the amazing journey God is taking me on with my books.
7) I’m thankful for the opportunity to be a youth leader. I’m thankful for the teens that Jacob and I have lead in the past till the present. Teenagers are amazing, and fun, they are full of surprises and I love being able to help them discover their God given talents and abilities.
What are you thankful for? What sacrifice of thanksgiving can you bring to God? If you haven’t already, I encourage you to go ahead and start your list. When I made mine, I didn’t want to stop!